STEP 1: CHOOSE YOUR LAWSUIT
Welcome to the TorrentLawyer Blog, a Cashman Law Firm, PLLC resource. The purpose of this sticky post is to be simplistic and help you to navigate this site (which has 200+ articles on copyright cases we have worked on since 2010). In short, if you arrived at this site, you are facing one of three paths:
1) COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT “JOHN DOE” LAWSUITS
- You have been implicated as a “John Doe” defendant in a federal copyright infringement lawsuit (or worse, you have been served as a named defendant in one of these lawsuits).
- WHAT TO DO NEXT: Click the “Cases We Are Working On” menu option (above), and select the name of your case and/or movie allegedly downloaded.
To make things easier for you, these are the primary lawsuits we are actively working on:
- Malibu Media, LLC (“X-Art Siterips”)
- Strike 3 Holdings, LLC (“Vixen/Tushy/Blacked”)
- Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software, Inc. (“Siemens PLM”)
- Hunter Killer Productions, Inc. (“Hunter Killer”)
- Bodyguard Productions, Inc. (“The Hitman’s Bodyguard”)
- Venice PI, LLC (“Once Upon a Time in Venice”)
- Headhunter, LLC (“A Family Man”)
- UN4 Productions, LLC (“Undisputed 4”)
- ME2 Productions, Inc. (“Mechanic: Resurrection”)
- Cook Productions, LLC (“Mr. Church”)
- I.T. Productions, LLC (“I.T” movie)
- WWE Studios (“Eliminator”)
2) DMCA SETTLEMENT NOTICE
- You received a DMCA notice (“Digital Millennium Copyright Act”) accusing you of downloading one or more copyrighted videos or music songs, and they have demanded a settlement claiming that if you do not pay, they will sue you for copyright infringement.
- WHAT TO DO NEXT: Click on the “Cases We Are Working On” menu option (above) and select which company has sent you the DMCA Notice:
3) YOU ARE LOST
- You are lost, or you do not know where to start. Relax, we are here to help you understand what it is you received from your ISP or in the mail, who sent it, and what is happening to you. Once you have an idea of exactly what is happening, we can then discuss how to respond.
- WHAT TO DO NEXT: Fill out the Contact form to the right, or e-mail us, text us your question (713-364-3476), or simply schedule a time for us to call you. > > > >
STEP 2: BOOK A PHONE CONSULTATION WITH AN ATTORNEY
THIS PAGE IS MERELY AN OVERVIEW. CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS.