STEP 1: CHOOSE YOUR LAWSUIT
Welcome to the TorrentLawyer Blog, a Cashman Law Firm, PLLC resource. The purpose of this page is to be simplistic and help you to navigate this site (which has 200+ articles on copyright cases we have worked on since 2010). In short, if you arrived at this site, you are facing one of three paths:
1) COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT “JOHN DOE” LAWSUIT
- You have been implicated as a “John Doe” defendant in a federal copyright infringement lawsuit (or worse, you have been served as a named defendant in one of these lawsuits).
- WHAT TO DO NEXT: Click the “Cases We Are Working On” menu option (above), and select the name of your case and/or movie allegedly downloaded.
To make things easier for you, these are the primary lawsuits we are actively working on:
- Malibu Media, LLC (“X-Art Siterips”)
- Strike 3 Holdings, LLC (“Vixen/Tushy /Blacked Adult Film Lawsuits”)
- Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software, Inc. (“Siemens PLM”)
- Bodyguard Productions, Inc. (“The Hitman’s Bodyguard”)
- Venice PI, LLC (“Once Upon a Time in Venice”)
- Headhunter, LLC (“A Family Man”)
- UN4 Productions, LLC (“Undisputed 4”)
- ME2 Productions, Inc. (“Mechanic: Resurrection”)
- Cook Productions, LLC (“Mr. Church”)
- I.T. Productions, LLC (“I.T” movie)
- WWE Studios (“Eliminator”)
2) DMCA SETTLEMENT NOTICE
- You received a DMCA notice (“Digital Millennium Copyright Act”) accusing you of downloading one or more copyrighted videos or music songs, and they have demanded a settlement claiming that if you do not pay, they will sue you for copyright infringement.
- WHAT TO DO NEXT: Click on the “Cases We Are Working On” menu option (above) and select which company has sent you the DMCA Notice:
3) YOU ARE LOST.
- You are lost, or you do not know where to start. Relax, we are here to help you understand what it is you received from your ISP or in the mail, who sent it, and what is happening to you. Once you have an idea of exactly what is happening, we can then discuss how to respond.
- WHAT TO DO NEXT: Fill out the Contact form to the right, or e-mail us, text us your question, or simply schedule a time for us to call you. > > > >
STEP 2: BOOK A PHONE CONSULTATION WITH AN ATTORNEY
ONCE YOU HAVE READ ABOUT YOUR COPYRIGHT MATTER, SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY GUIDE TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR OPTIONS.
Once you get the information you are looking for, you’ll probably want to contact a Cashman Law Firm, PLLC attorney to speak about your particular issue.
The three methods in which to speak to a Cashman Law Firm, PLLC attorney are:
Method #1) Schedule a phone appointment.
- Most phone consultation appointments are free (I like them that way), but there are some paid spots if you have a last minute issue.
Method #2) Fill out a contact form.
Method #3) E-mail me at info[at]cashmanlawfirm.com, or send me a Text/SMS to 713-364-3476.
STEP 3: E-SIGN RETAINER AGREEMENT, RELAX.
Once you speak to an attorney, you will be provided an e-mail containing a Cashman Law Firm, PLLC fee agreement. Once you decide to retain the Cashman Law Firm, PLLC to represent you in your matter, follow the instructions to e-sign the agreement.
The steps are 1) e-sign the agreement, 2) process your payment, 3) provide paperwork relevant to your matter.
At that point, we become your attorney.
As the owner of the Cashman Law Firm, PLLC, and the author of this blog (and as an attorney who has served hundreds of clients in these cases), I prefer that you grab a phone appointment, or write me using either the contact form or by just sending me an e-mail.
There are often hundreds of people implicated in these lawsuits each month, and it is common for more people to call than we have staff to answer those calls. To competently serve our clients, we limits on the number of clients we take each month, and there is a natural limit on the number of calls we are physically able to answer. As such, I ask that you be patient, and that you follow the instructions in order to get in touch with me. If you do, we could possibly be speaking about your case in the next few hours.